FIRE RESTRICTIONS & BANS
By Order of Sheriff Tony Spurlock Stage 1 fire restrictions, are now in place. Ordinance No. O-012-004, restricting open fires, open burning and the use of fireworks in the unincorporated areas of Douglas County.
General guidance for Stage 1 restrictions for unincorporated Douglas County is as follows:
• Open burning of any kind.
• Use of fireworks.
• Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, fireplaces within buildings, charcoal grill fires within developed residential or commercial areas, and fires within wood burning stoves within buildings only.
• Professional fireworks displays permitted according to section 12-28-103 of the C.R.S.
• Fire suppression or fire department training fires.
• Small recreational fires at developed picnic or campground sites contained in fixed permanent metal/steel fire pits (rock fire rings are considered temporary and not permanent) with flame lengths not in excess of four feet or the residential use of charcoal grills, tiki torches, fires in chimineas or other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits, so long as said fires are supervised by a responsible person at least 18 years of age.
Violation of these fire restrictions is a Class-2 Petty Offense, punishable by up to a $1000.00 fine and a $10.00 surcharge.
For more information about fire restrictions, read the Douglas County Ordinance O-012-004: douglas.co.us/documents/o-012-004-restricting-open-fires-open-burning-and-fireworks-in-unincorporated-douglas-county.pdf
For more information about how fire restriction decisions are made: dcsheriff.net/documents/douglas-county-fire-restriction-criteria-and-methodology.pdf
Jefferson County, Colorado
July 2, 2020 Fire Ban – Stage 2 Implemented
Effective at noon on July 9, 2020, Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Shrader will enact a Stage 2 Fire Ban for Jefferson County. This temporary Stage 2 Fire Ban supersedes all previous fire restrictions and bans.
Fire Ban Details
For information and details on fire restrictions, see the Fire Restriction Details web page. https://www.jeffco.us/517/Fire-Restriction-Details
July 15, 2020
South Platte, South Park, San Carlos and Pikes Peak Ranger Districts are in Stage 2 Fire Restrictions.
Cimarron Grassland, Comanche Grassland, Leadville Ranger District and Salida Ranger District are in Stage 1 Fire Restrictions.
A map of areas where the Pike and San Isabel National Forests Cimarron and Comanche National Grasslands is experiencing fire restrictions can be found here.